Monday, June 1, 2009

Roots and Shoots?


Why are we blogging?

I need to become more tech-savvy and I thought the kids could use the blog format to communicate with their extended family.

Why the name Roots and Shoots?

That name describes the primary activity that takes place at our home:

Roots represent ... what we are striving to promote and encourage in our family...a strong family foundation with strong family relationships, rooted in love for God and love for each other....roots represent the spiritual foundation we are striving to build, which is deeply rooted in the Word of God.....roots represent the activities within the walls of our home.

Shoots represent... the outward expression of our lives in our neighborhood, in the greater community and beyond...ideally, the activities we talk about should represent how we are training our children, in various ways, to one day leave "our garden" and become caretakers of their own garden someday.

So, Welcome to our Garden ~
where we are developing
strong, healthy Roots
and meaningful Shoots!

4 comments:

  1. Ha!! So you are doing the blog thing... hurrah!! This looks great. Way to go!!!

    I'll be back. I'm so glad you are blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so impressed with the content and pictures. Is Bunny the main writer? I hope Mama Bunny does some blogging as well. The last exerpt almost made me cry. I pray that your family will be "planted by streams of water" so in due time they will leave the garden firmly grounded in their faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn!

    I'm so glad to see you've started a blog! I look forward to getting to know you better here. :o)

    Can't wait to see pictures of the treehouse!

    Cindy
    http://ourjourneywestward.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on your post mom. i love you veary much.

    ReplyDelete