Friday, June 19, 2009

My new computer


My mom and I were going to the Farmer's Market and saw an estate sale sign. We stopped there. It was an old farm house. It was very, very old and dirty. We walked inside and I saw a black typewriter. I asked the lady who owned the sale how much it was. She and a few other old ladies laughed.

I wanted the typewriter because it was antique and it was an old computer. It reminded me of the American Girl Kit Kitteredge because she had one. And, I look like her. Blond hair. Blue eyes. Freckles over the nose. Loves adventure. And is responsible.

The lady said, "$7.00." I told my mom it was seven dollars. She said I could get it. It is an Underwood. It is black and you can change the color of the ink/ribbon. It can change to be black, red, and navy blue.

It is in my room on a wooden desk. I have made 20 articles.

Cricket

2 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to put White Out on your Christmas list. :)

    U-F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cricket! I like your "new computer." I used to type on an Underwood when I was in school taking "typing." It's much harder than using a computer, but I'm sure you're having lots of fun with it. It's good exercise for both your fingers and your mind. I liked the picture you included too.

    Aunt L

    ReplyDelete