Monday, February 8, 2010

Defend life rally

I went to a pro-life rally in Madison on Sat. Feb. 6, 2010. We listened to an hour of speakers. There were about 450 people for pro-life. There were 35 pro-choice people who were marching around us trying to distract us from hearing the speakers. It was really cold out. Pro-life people were carring pink and blue balloons. I got a pink one. Some other pro-life people were carrying signs of babies that made me feel sick. There were some annoying pro-choice people. One girl stood on a snow mound singing loudly while the speaker was talking. There was a march afterward, but we did not go because Autumn was cold. I wished I could've heard and seen better.
BUNNY

3 comments:

  1. It's a great country we live~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to any type of rally. But after reading about this one, I think putting the shoe on the other foot would be interesting. Going to a pro choice rally and observing. My guess is you'd have the same number of people objecting to the rally in the same rude fashion. Just a thought.

    Uncle F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunny, I enjoyed your description of the Defend Life Rally. It's too bad it was so hard for you to hear and that the weather was too cold for Autumn. At least now you know what a "rally" involves -- people for and against something.
    Aunt Lila

    ReplyDelete